The Litecoin Roadmap 2017 was released by the Litecoin Core team. The Road Map is on the Litecoincore.org and also on GitHub.
Roadmap 2017: summary
A brief summary of the roadmap. (full roadmap on Litecoincore.org)
- Litecoin Core: release 0.13.3, Rebase Litecoin to Bitcoin Core 0.14.1
- M Addresses: switch Litecoin’s p2sh address prefix from ‘3’ to ‘M’
- Android Wallet: relaunch our Android wallet
- Lightning Network: building out the infrastructure for lightning network on Litecoin, cross chain atomic swap between Litecoin and Vertcoin
- MAST: enable smart contract and secure Litecoin by output address designation
- Litecoin.Network: project to be launched, that will track information regarding the Litecoin network, making it easily accessible and viewable in one place
Litecoin Foundation and roadmap
The Litcoin Foundation works on funding Litecoin developers by raising funds. Charlie Lee is now full time of Litecoin and it’s Foundation. After ending his career at Coinbase the Foundation got a nice donation of 438 Litecoins. The donation was non-disclosed and the transaction was on 9th of June. An even bigger donation was done by Innosilicon an ASIC manufacturer. This donation of 666 Litecoin was disclosed by Charlie’s tweet. It is quite interesting taking note of how many people want Litecoin to succeed. Next to donations the Foundation is selling branded items lite Ledger Nano S and is limited to 500 editions. The limited editions marks the 5th anniversary of Litecoin. The limited edition is sold out.